Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

On 4/18/2013 11:21 PM, Dave wrote:

Guns are pretty much a single use item.

That's a fallacy. It is true that one utilitarian purpose of a firearm
is to propel a projectile at high speed. It is not true that the single
purpose of propelling that projectile is to cause the death of a living
thing, which is what must "single use" arguments claim. Defensive
weapons have another purpose, which is to prevent violence by their mere
presence. And firearms have other uses besides the utilitarian ones.
Many of them are works of art and excellence in craftsmanship to be
admired in their own right. And owning one can in and of itself be a
political statement and a form of free speech. There, I've already
listed at least four uses right off the top of my head. I'm sure there
are others.