Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

(Scott Lurndal) wrote in news
-MIKE- writes:
Ok, so if that's accurate then cars are just as dangerous as guns.
Why don't we have a national 35mph speed limit?
Why don't we restrict the top speed of cars?
Why don't we ban cars?

Why don't you need a license to operate a gun?

In the United States, owning and operating a gun is a right protected by the Constitution,
whereas owning and operating a car is not -- in fact, operating a car on public roads has been
found by our courts to be a *privilege* granted by the government, not a fundamental right.