Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

-MIKE- wrote in :

On 4/19/13 12:21 AM, Dave wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:05:17 -0500, -MIKE-
Then look up knives. And WTF does the original purpose of something have
to do with its ability to kill. Aren't the lives takes the reason
everyone wants to band guns?

Knives have a considerable amount of use other than killing people. As
do your hammers and many other objects that have been used to kill
people.

Guns are pretty much a single use item.

So what? How is that relevant? It's not.

It's not even true, and only someone who knows nothing about guns would think that it is.

Guns, like knives, "have a considerable amount of use other than killing people." Mostly, I
use mine for deer hunting, somewhat less often to hunt small game. I also use them for
target shooting. When we lived in the country, I used them for vermin control and to protect
livestock from predators.

And once I drew a pistol in self-defense.

My brother has used his defensively twice: once to defend himself, and once when he
walked into a public restroom and saw a knife-point robbery in progress.

Neither I nor my brother has ever killed a person. Neither one of us even fired our weapons
in those situations; simply making the adversary aware that we were armed was enough.