Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default Extension cord taped to metal fence

On Apr 18, 7:55*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The UV rays in sunlight dry and crack plastics. Electrical tape dries
rapidly, in sunlight. The situation is just asking for exposed, charged wire
poking through the insullation.

Sadly, I guess once you go black electrical tape, you never go back.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
."Robin Ellzey" wrote in message

I'm not sure I understand the problem. *The extension cord is attached
to a metal fence, so the fence should be grounded. *As long as the
tape being used is black electrical tape, then it should be good to
go. *This is the same logic used in Washington DC. *Black is being
used and nobody is grounded...LOL

And 'being grounded" does not mean a better ground won't be found if
you touch it.

Harry K