Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

Doug Winterburn wrote in news:5171465b$0$44662$c3e8da3
:

[...]
Also, many of those turned in guns are non-functional and end up
being destroyed anyway.

Isn't that the truth. A community group here in Indianapolis sponsored a gun buy-back last
summer. I got two crisp new fifty-dollar bills for a .22 revolver that could not be cocked, and a
20-ga break action shotgun with fixed sights that were off by two feet at ten yards. Many of the
other guns I saw being turned in were obviously very old and rusty -- and nearly all of them
were long guns.

I don't think it accomplished very much except to make the leaders of that community group
feel good about themselves.