Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 22:54:38 -0500, -MIKE-
I can also point out that there are a thousand times more deaths by
automobile, but no one is banning them. There are hundreds of times more
deaths from baseball bats and hammers, but no one is trying to ban them.

And your replay is feeble. Automobiles, baseball bats, hammers,
whatever else everyday item you want to present, usually have other
uses and originated with a different purpose.

Perhaps you should read this.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/baseballbats.asp

Firearms originated with just one purpose. The first maker of a gun
didn't just think one day, "Hmmm, think I'll make gun for target
shooting". Instead he thought, "I'll make a gun to kill some animal or
go kill someone in a fight".

In any event, when all other argument fails, people in the US fall
back on the second amendment. That was several hundred years ago.
Society was considerably different then. I'd suggest that the second
amendment is out of date in today's society.

But, I understand the want to keep it. It's like anything else.
Someone gave you something and you're damned if anybody is going to
take it away from you. Guess you're going to have to find some other
method to handle your gun crimes.