Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 22:16:23 -0500, -MIKE-
Ridiculous? What's ridiculous is thinking having a badge on one's shirt
makes them somehow inherently better at using firearms.

Because generally, they have more, better and appropriate training
that your average citizen in a dangerous situation. At least, they do
in Canada. I may be mistaken in thinking the same existed for law
enforcement in the US.

People weren't afraid of guns back then. They saw them as the tools they
were and trained their children to use and respect them.

It's not the proper use of a firearm that's in question. It's the
proper use of a firm arm in a dangerous, extremely stressful situation
that I'm talking about. Anybody had aim and shoot a gun. It takes
repeated training to do it properly in a dangerous situation.

Since this recent gun control debate has started, there have many
stories in the news of homeowners who have defended themselves from
intruders with their personal firearms.

And perhaps I should counter with: How many stories have there been
where a home owner has unsuccessfully defended themselves? And then,
you can also add to that equation: How many homeowners have had their
home burglarize and had their guns stolen?

However many examples you can provide of good outcomes involving guns,
there are many more where the opposite has happened.