Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Extension cord taped to metal fence

The UV rays in sunlight dry and crack plastics. Electrical tape dries
rapidly, in sunlight. The situation is just asking for exposed, charged wire
poking through the insullation.

Sadly, I guess once you go black electrical tape, you never go back.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Robin Ellzey" wrote in message

I'm not sure I understand the problem. The extension cord is attached
to a metal fence, so the fence should be grounded. As long as the
tape being used is black electrical tape, then it should be good to
go. This is the same logic used in Washington DC. Black is being
used and nobody is grounded...LOL