Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Saw Stop would have prevented this

On 4/18/13 10:05 PM, Dave wrote:
On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:21:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Thank Goodness! Has no one ever been shot and killed in Canada? How is
that gun control working? Yeah, now only the criminals have guns.

Your country specific taunts are beneath you.

Considering the increasing amount of nut jobs that appear in society
these days, I for one would prefer as few firearms around them as
possible.

It has been repeatedly proven that it takes constant training and
preparedness by people (those in law enforcement for example) to react
properly to on the spot gun shootings.

Where and how had this been proven?

You'd have your everyday
citizen armed and ready to pull out a gun and start shooting? Don't be
ridiculous.

Ridiculous? What's ridiculous is thinking having a badge on one's shirt
makes them somehow inherently better at using firearms. I know of
teenagers who have better aim and gun control than most cops. The vast
majority cops only discharge their firearms at the shooting range. Most
private gun owners shoot their weapons much more frequently than cops.
They used to teach firearms procedure and shooting in high schools.
People weren't afraid of guns back then. They saw them as the tools they
were and trained their children to use and respect them.

Since this recent gun control debate has started, there have many
stories in the news of homeowners who have defended themselves from
intruders with their personal firearms.

Why is it that the cities with the strictest guns control laws and bans
on hand guns still have the highest (by leaps and bounds) rates for
murder by guns?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)