Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Boston Bomb triggered by cell phone?

The active part would be on top of the pot with the electronic
explosion cap through the regulator on top. So when the unit
blew the cap exploded by itself and the stuff on top would be flung
all over the place. The battery was heavy enough not to go far.

I suspect two numbers - speed calls - and away they went. Likely
each of the two perks did one each - in case one was caught hot handed.

Martin

On 4/18/2013 1:54 AM, Steve W. wrote:
wrote:
Speculation is that the bombs were set off by cell phone. I wonder if
a cell signal would penetrate the metal of a pressure cooker. Mine
barely works in my metal shop building; with the doors open. Any
experts want to weigh in?

The pictures I have looked at of the various parts looked like all
common discrete components not cell phone pieces.
The battery looks like a common RC car pack.
Then a cheap alarm clock for a timer/trigger.
Nails from any hardware/building supply place.
The ball bearings are probably slingshot ammo.