Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default What's the trick to preventing stacked plastic buckets from sticking together?

Per :
Doesn't have to be "a few inches" just enough to prevent the seal from forming.

A little experimentation will determine exactly what thickness you need.

My first try was with a hunk of blue foam about 1" x 2" and it only
worked if it was more-or-less in the center. Way off to one side, and
the buckets mated.

Release 1.1 will be longer pieces - long enough so that they cannot wind
up too far off center.... like 8 or 10 inches.....

I'm also starting to think that scrap wood will be better because it
won't blow away after it's dumped out of a bucket.

Now that I'm thinking about it.....

If I were determined to spend some money, 1.5" or 1" dowl, cut
accordingly.
--
Pete Cresswell