Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Which router is better to keep

Jon Danniken wrote:
On 04/18/2013 01:06 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure that this adaptor fits all routers, but if it fits
the "crappy locking mechanism" Craftsman models, then it should
eliminate the problem you describe because you would no longer need to
use the locking mechanism.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews...nchuckrvu.html

Nice find, Derb, that looks like a neat tool.

I'm actually still using the last router that "broke", using an approach
somewhat similar to what that product does. What I did was to make my
own flat wrench to fit onto the shaft itself, bypassing the stock shaft
locker. It's a little more hassle, but I work a lot easier knowing that
it's not going to go south on me the next time I change bits.

Jon

It's a nice find except that the last time I checked the adaptor didn't fit
the PC 690 router that I have. I don't know what the issue is, but I read a
bunch of reviews/posts that said it didn't fit the 690, which is a pretty
popular router.

That website says that there is a PC version of the adaptor, so maybe they
addressed the issue or maybe it fits other PC routers but still not the
690. It's been awhile since I looked into it, so maybe things have changed.
I should check.