Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What's the trick to preventing stacked plastic buckets fromsticking together?

On Apr 18, 2:13*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
wrote:
On Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:43:10 AM UTC-7, Bob F wrote:
Similar is not the same as identical. It works for me. YMMV.

Actually, they're identical.

You'd think the bucket manufacturers would have the sense to have the last rib
on the outside be at the right place to prevent sticking when stacked. Some of
them do.

FWIW, I've had some luck separating stuck buckets by directing a compressor air
jet nozzle at the touching surfaces to try to inject air between the buckets and
pop them apart.

Seems to me that if the last rib was not a closed circle the vacuum
would never be created. Of course, that would be more expensive to
manufacture since you'd need to leave the gap(s) while making sure it
wasn't a sharp edge that would result in lawsuits.