Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default The Doyle Rotary Engine

Ed Huntress wrote:

FWIW, it looks to me like this engine violates a basic point of IC
engine design for thermal efficiency. By using a separate combustion
chamber, it multiplies the surface area relative to the volume of
combusted gas. The result is a very high ratio of lost heat to useful
heat.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing as soon as somebody brought
up "how do you cool it?" So, is the combustion chamber in the
non-rotating center? it seems like it has an intake/compression
piston and a power/exhaust piston. If there's also a separate
combustion chamber, than that's THREE places for heat loss!

Jon