Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Bromine in septic tank?

On 4/18/2013 8:35 AM, Robert Macy wrote:
On Apr 17, 9:39 am, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:31:07 AM UTC-4, Robert Macy wrote:
After doing two bathrooms and barely smelling fumes; I had
a nose bleed.

What are you people eating that it takes so much work to keep your toilets clean?

Eating? the deposits don't really come from solids, but urine.

It's a combination of hard water from an Arizona well, humidity at 12%
drying the water right out of a bowl, and the water's reaction to
urine. Standard problem everywhere, just a bit more intense under
these circumstances.

Note CLR and all those advertissed products were exercises in
futility. After hours of cajoling the deposit off the bowl, still had
residual and still came back like a vengeance.

However, muriatic? 10 seconds and done for months.

Work smart, not hard.

here in az, i found the product called 'kaboom', available at home
depot, to work well on the water stains from our hard water.