Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Mobile Phones - Battery Life

In message , Fevric J. Glandules
writes
Bill wrote:

What depresses me is the price. I bought this at £30, the second one was
£40 and they now seem to be £70 or £80, which is ludicrous for a basic
phone.

I've been into quite a few phone shops over the years because of
daughter, phones and the bath, and am always amazed by the lack of
choice for basic models.

Try a supermarket instead:
http://www.tesco.com/direct/sim-free...ack/326-4349.p
rd?skuId=326-4349&pageLevel= Nineteen quid.

which I found from he
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08...iors/print.htm

That Tesco site for the Nokia 100 says

Power
Standby Time (hrs) 840
Talk Time (hrs) 432

which surely cannot be right.

And I went to Tesco looking for a clamshell phone. They had nothing
suitable.

And I have a Sony Xperia which is great for listening to internet radio
at home via wifi, but would be hopeless carried round in my pocket with
the keys, coins, tape measure etc etc. Its battery lasts 48 hours at
most, and it never makes a phone call.
--
Bill