Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile
Terry Fields Terry Fields is offline

Default Mobile Phones - Battery Life

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:33:48 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

I am in the market for a new mobile phone, but I have very specific
requirements for maximum standby time and talk time between charges. I
have no need of facebook, twitter or 3G on this phone. It does need to
last well and work when it accepts incoming calls on lowish battery. It
is no use if it bumbles along and then dies sounding the ringtone!

It is likely to be used a lot in regions of poor 2G signal coverage and
so when in use will be transmitting at or near maximum power.

Buy a phone for its features, and power it from one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0098EO61S

12000mAh in your shirt pocket should see you OK, and you'll find a plethora of uses for it.

I use one of these, had it for a couple of years:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000NDQ92W

Charge it from your computer's USB port.

--
Terry Fields