Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Doyle Rotary Engine

On Apr 17, 7:46*pm, BottleBob wrote:
On Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:29:51 PM UTC-7, BottleBob wrote:

* *Here's another interesting automotive techie gem.

http://youtu.be/lJ1kxbtsBSU

All:

* * * * I found a vid (abysmal quality), of a test of a prototype of the Doyle engine.

==============================================http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6v-HugbwR0

Uploaded on Jun 26, 2010
* * * * This test occurred December 20, 2009. This was the most recent prototype of the Doyle Rotary Engine. We were breaking-in the engine by limiting it to 3000 RPM. During the test, Lonny squirted a little bit of oil into the carburetor to protect the seals during break-in.

Sorry for the quality; it was shot on a cell phone.

Shortly after the phone ran out of space for filming, the seals in the motor dug into the aluminum surfaces and the motor locked up.

We will begin working on the next prototype soon.

BottleBobhttp://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I like the sound and think it sounds much better than the Mazda rotary
engine. Never liked the sound that a Mazda rotary engine made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSN3VQBmzUU