Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Battery drill connections

J.B.Slocomb" wrote in message
The charger for my old battery drill has died and I'm trying to
resurrect it. There are three connections to the battery, two larger
connections labeled "+" and "-" and a third connect, smaller and
labeled "T". The plus and minus connections are easy enough but what
is the "T" connection.

As some of the components in the charger are unmarked I have been
thinking of just connecting a 12 volt charger to the battery
connections and am wondering about what to do about the "T"
connection.

--
Cheers,

John B.

Ages ago I worked at a tool store. We got Makita charges in all the time
that, "didn't work." I took one apart one day and found they had a fuse
hidden inside the case. If you plugged in a battery hot from continuous use
it would blow the fuse. I started "fixing" them in house for customers.
Certainly worth a look.