Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default How long until yellow glue dries?

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message ...

This is mostly a "curiosity" question. My schedule allows only brief

Regarding "dry," that seems to have two components to me. One is the
clamp/cured time for the glue and the other is the time for the surrounding
wood to normalize. As an example of the later, panels glued up using
biscuits or loose tenons can end up with depressions around the location of
the biscuit/tenon if they are sanded smooth too soon. This as the wood at
those locations was swollen from the moisture and hadn't normalized yet.

I guess the answer to your question is, it depends. It depends on whether
the glue joint is the only concern or whether the glue joint and wood
normalization are the concern.

John