Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gorton 2-28 milling machine

On Apr 17, 8:02*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 08:51:02 -0500, Ignoramus24865

On 2013-04-17, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:13:19 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Harold & Susan Vordos" fired this volley in
t:

A Gorton is to a BP what a Chev is to a Rolls Royce. * They are an
excellent machine. *Do not be discouraged by comments that have little
merit.

Harold

I think you reversed that. *Bridgeports certainly are NOT Rolls-Royce
caliber!

OTOH, as rigid as the Gortons have reputations for being, I'd want a
tilt-head machine for my 'second-ops' position. *My mill is a rigid-ram
machine, and there are things it would be nice to be able to do without
all the fuss and bother of sine plates and complex fixturing.

Lloyd

My I-22 has never had the head swung. *And I do a fair amount of
machining.

I do not think that the ability to swing the head is all that
critical.

I think I made that point above.

Laugh.

Gunner

You didn't make any point, Wieber. All you did was make a complete
fool of yourself.