Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Garbage disposal

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:56:02 PM UTC-7, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 15, 10:41*pm, wrote:

On Monday, April 15, 2013 6:38:34 AM UTC-7, Red wrote:

OK guys, I need a recommendation for good one. *The original one died

a few years ago and I replaced it with an Insinkerator. *That thing

just isn't grinding fine enough and I'm getting way too many

blockages. *The material in the blockage is more big & coarse than the

original produced. *It must be the blades causing the problem, and

they do spin free. *Anyone know of a better model?

Aside from loading, instead of slowly feeding items to your disposal or not turning on the water all the way your blockage problem may be with your faucet. What is the size of the water connector supplying water to your faucet? Is it 3/8”, 7/16” or ˝”? If you have one of those pretty faucets with a 3/8” connector

you’re probably not running enough water. Get a commercial faucet with a ˝” connector.

Speaking of faucets and flow rates, I called Kohler to get a

replacement head for my "fancy faucet". While looking up the part

number, I came across a replacement aerator that increases the flow

from 1.8 GPM to 2.2 GPM.

When I told the CSR to toss a "high flow adapter" in the box he said

"Have you checked with your local authorities to see if 2.2 GPM

exceeds the maximum flow rate for your municipality?"

"Of course!" I answered. "It's fine."

After I hung up, I got to thinking. Assuming a municipality has a

maximum flow rate for faucets, shower heads, etc. do they also have

flow rate restrictions on hose bibs?

My hose bibs are plumbed in before the PRV so I get street pressure

and lots of flow. I never heard of municipal flow rate restrictions

for hose bibs. Do they exist?

Hence my point exactly. Do you think that municipality flow rates apply to commercial institutions? Not on your life. Even the EPA lead laws don’t apply to them.