Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garbage disposal

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:56:02 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Speaking of faucets and flow rates, I called Kohler to get a
replacement head for my "fancy faucet". While looking up the part
number, I came across a replacement aerator that increases the flow
from 1.8 GPM to 2.2 GPM.

When I told the CSR to toss a "high flow adapter" in the box he said
"Have you checked with your local authorities to see if 2.2 GPM
exceeds the maximum flow rate for your municipality?"

"Of course!" I answered. "It's fine."

After I hung up, I got to thinking. Assuming a municipality has a
maximum flow rate for faucets, shower heads, etc. do they also have
flow rate restrictions on hose bibs?

My hose bibs are plumbed in before the PRV so I get street pressure
and lots of flow. I never heard of municipal flow rate restrictions
for hose bibs. Do they exist?

LOL! +1