Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default For you math wizards

On 4/16/2013 10:05 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/16/2013 6:07 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in :

Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:

Did he say wanted the full circle or the 5' arc?

He said he wanted the 5' Chord!

Actually, he said he wanted the radius so he could draw the arc.
Arc, not
chord. If he wanted to wind up with a 5' chord all he would need is
a 5'
straight edge.

Bill's point is that the 5' dimension is the measurement of the chord,
not the arc.

Actually LOL, I think Bill was filling me in with an accurate answer to
my question that I posed to Richard. I was not really asking for an
answer so to speak. I mentioned a template printed from Sketchup and
Richard questioned an 18' radius template. I believe he was thinking
about printing an 18' foot long template, maybe not. LOL

The desk I just completed I useed the printing template technique for an
8' wide arc with a 36.83 foot radius and only used 8 sheets of paper.

A few strips of hardboard screwed together, and that 18 foot template
should come together in seconds! The OP may wish to include a
micro-adjuster at one end. : )

Bill