Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 16/04/2013 08:57, polygonum wrote:
On 16/04/2013 08:48, Nightjar wrote:
On 16/04/2013 07:29, Chris J Dixon wrote:

I am surprised that people ever have to buy fruit and veg in a
supermarket. I have a choice of three greengrocers, a fourth who turns
up at three different local markets and a farm shop that, perversely,
usually offers the best value for money. The last also has the
entertainment value of a small dog that likes to eat raw potatoes.

Colin Bignell

We have a market some days - but they simply sell what they can get from
their wholesalers. Often doesn't seem any better, or cheaper, than
supermarkets and a pain to get to.

The market trader always sells good, fresh and cheap produce. It is
rarely worth the bother of going specially for him, as I have the other
options. However, if I am in one of the towns on market day, the stall
is well worth a visit.

We have a farm shop which seems to have nothing to do with any farm. Not
worth going out of our way to and often a poor range.

True of many of them, especially those associated with garden centres.

Colin Bignell