Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 16/04/2013 07:29, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I was right that you never do the shopping. Pretty well all supermarkets
display a price per gram or whatever to allow you to compare actual cost.

The greatest lack of comparative pricing is with fresh fruit and
veg. The pre-packs are generally priced per package, no weight
specified, whilst the loose ones are priced per kg. Usually (but,
crucially, not always) the pre-packs are significantly more
expensive...

I am surprised that people ever have to buy fruit and veg in a
supermarket. I have a choice of three greengrocers, a fourth who turns
up at three different local markets and a farm shop that, perversely,
usually offers the best value for money. The last also has the
entertainment value of a small dog that likes to eat raw potatoes.

Colin Bignell