Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 16/04/2013 07:29, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I was right that you never do the shopping. Pretty well all supermarkets
display a price per gram or whatever to allow you to compare actual cost.

The greatest lack of comparative pricing is with fresh fruit and
veg. The pre-packs are generally priced per package, no weight
specified, whilst the loose ones are priced per kg. Usually (but,
crucially, not always) the pre-packs are significantly more
expensive.

Back when Sainsbury's used to have scales that allowed you to
print a price label for bags of loose items, you could put a
pre-pack on to get a comparison, which was instructive.

Chris

Our JS has label printing scales. I use them. The fact that labels get
wasted is annoying.

I also have a pocket electronic "spring balance".

--
Rod