Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Battery drill connections

"J.B.Slocomb" wrote:

The charger for my old battery drill has died and I'm trying to
resurrect it. There are three connections to the battery, two larger
connections labeled "+" and "-" and a third connect, smaller and
labeled "T". The plus and minus connections are easy enough but what
is the "T" connection.

As some of the components in the charger are unmarked I have been
thinking of just connecting a 12 volt charger to the battery
connections and am wondering about what to do about the "T"
connection.

--
Cheers,

John B.

T = temperature

Those battery packs have temperature sensors to allow the charger to
charge at high rates without destroying the battery.