Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default For you math wizards

On 4/15/2013 12:20 PM, Leon wrote:
On 4/15/2013 11:10 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Hah! Now all I need to do is figure out how to draw an arc with an 18
foot radius :-) I have a couple of ideas and will post pix of the
process.

On Monday, April 15, 2013 10:14:29 AM UTC-5, Gramp's shop wrote:
I need to draw an arc for a piece of trim. The end points of the arc
are 5 feet apart and the depth of the arc at the center point is 2
inches. What is the radius of the circle?

There ought to be an equation for this that would be far superior to
trial and error, oui?

Larry

!8' string with a pencil died around one end. Nail in the ground on the
other end.

Or use sketchup to print out a template.

An 18 foot radius template?