Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default For you math wizards

On 4/15/2013 12:43 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 09:10:54 -0700, Gramp's shop wrote:

Hah! Now all I need to do is figure out how to draw an arc with an 18
foot radius :-) I have a couple of ideas and will post pix of the
process.

Bend a piece of thin cutoff around the points?

My sense of the physics involved tells me that that method will not
produce an arc of a circle. Will it matter? Might the resultant curve be
subtly nicer than a circular arc? That's up to the designer.