Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Need a conrod with 1.37" bore

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:55:28 -0300, tutu wrote:

Not for an engine, so I don't care about either model or condition of
the bores, and I will likely cut the piston end off. It would be nice
if the beam section has two parallel faces. If the bore is a bit
smaller than 1.37 that's ok as long as there's enough that it could be
bored out.

Any likely candidates from a popular engine?

If you don't find any joy from this newsgroup, drop by an automotive
machine shop in your area and ask. For that matter, ask if they have any
junkers that they'd be willing to part with -- you may get one for free
or for pennies.

Keep in mind that the hole in the con rod is larger than the journal
bearing diameter -- I assume that you want a rod that you can clamp onto
something, with a 1.37 (not 1.370?) bore, without the bearing.

If you need the bearing, then things will get a lot harder.

http://www.wescottdesign.com