Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 15/04/2013 13:26, fred wrote:

Never mind B&Q its the bloody talking lifts I cant stand,

Doors Closing
First Floor
Doors Opening etc.etc.

Some day I'll bring a can of expanding foam with me Spray that into the speaker grille should sort it out P.D.Q.

Never mind talking lifts its the talking travelators I can't stand.

Sainsbury here has installed them between the ground floor and the first
and second floor car parks. Between ground and first, there are two
flights, and they are installed as pairs (one up, one down). And the
same between first and second. So a total of eight flights. And at both
ends of every flight there is a voice saying "Prepare to push your
trolley off the walkway" (or whatever it says at the other end). Combine
the ludicrously high volume each is set to, with the enclosed highly
echoic chamber in which they are all enclosed, it would be a wonderful
scene in a film of a dystopian future. I keep getting reminded of Brave
New World, Clockwork Orange, and the like.

To a tinnitus sufferer like me, it seems to inflict especially nasty
torture. However low my tinnitus level when I arrive, by departure it is
at screaming point.

--
Rod