Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Ammunition purchases and Homeland Security

Ed Huntress wrote:

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 16:07:43 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 14:13:02 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 07:27:52 -0500, F. George McDuffee
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Apr 2013 21:34:25 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

snip
Fascinating indeed. So if they are not buying all that ammo and
stock piling it...where the hell is it?
snip

Good question.

I think that Gunner is asking about where all the ammo is *now*.

First, the ammo that DHS is contracting for hasn't been manufactured
yet.

Sceond, the ammo that's not on the shelves is being hoarded by
paranoid gun nutz from sea to shining sea.

I spoke with one of the plant managers at Remington's Arkansas plant
about two weeks ago. She said they're running three shifts, making
ammo like never before. And, as far as she's heard, the wholesalers
are not sitting on it. It's all going to retail, where gun nutz are
buying it up as fast as it hits the shelves. Some retailers aren't
getting any of it. That appears to be a matter of how the wholesale
distributors are rationing it to certain retailers.

Actually, pretty much all of the current shortage is due to new first
time gun owners who have been pushed off the fence by the attacks from
the rabid anti-gun minority and are now joining the ranks of the pro-gun
majority.

This seems very unlikely:

http://www.people-press.org/2013/03/...-demographics/

Do you have some data that supports these ideas, or is it anecdotes?

I have more data than they have to support that bogus propaganda claim.
I have the various former non gun owners who have asked me for advice on
what to buy. I have the reports from other gun owners I know who have
received the same questions from former non gun owners. There are also
reports from gun shop owners indicating the same.

Oh, that's impressive, Pete. Pew Research Center is generally
considered the least-biased, and one of the best, research
organizations in the world. For you to have more data than they do,
and to have the skills to project from your buddies and the people who
ask you for advice to the entire country is quite a skill.

Not.

--
Ed Huntress

The data is crap. When the data is crap the bias or lack thereof of the
researchers is irrelevant.