Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Water heaters

Stormin Mormon wrote:
You'd have to compare prices of fuel sources. Somewhere on the net, has to
be the BTU per gal for propane. Fuel oil is about 130,000 BTU per gal, can't
remember for propane. I know 1500 watt space heater puts out 5,200 BTU. Got
to be some way to compare.

Propane has the advantage that it's on your location. When the thunder storm
hits, and the power goes off, you still have propane in your tank.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

But like you, here in the rural areas of NYS, a portable generator is as
common as the pickup truck, and unlike propane or fuel oil, electricity
doesn't have to be delivered to your house by someone in a big truck at
their convenience.

.
.
"KenK" wrote in message
Just had my propane tank filled - ~$5 gallon? Much more expensive than in
the past.

If I replaced my hot water heater with an electric next time it needs
replacing what is the price difference - electric more, less or about
equally expensive? Then too I'll need to get an electric line run. (I have
room for more breakers.) Then I'll replace my gas cooking range - that
shouldn't be too expensive. That will free me from propane.

What say? Not worth the expense and trouble?

TIA

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY