Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop lighting

"Gramp's shop" wrote in
:

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:13:54 PM UTC-5, Gramp's shop wrote:
For those of you who use 4-foot T8 bulbs, I just saw T8s with LEDs.
Much

brighter, whiter light. The guy who handles them at my lighting
supply store was off today, so I don't know the price (next stop
Google). First impression -- a big improvement, especially for this
old guy's eyes.

Larry

Postscript from Google search: Ouch. $30 to $50 per unit depending on
the wattage. I can think of better things to do with that level of
investment.

They'll come down to reasonable levels in about 10 years... I've noted
LED bulbs in the $15-20 range on sale/clearance lately, where they're
normally about $30-40.

FWIW, sometimes color temperature makes a big difference. One room seems
very bright now with 6500K bulbs instead of the old 3000K bulbs. It
might be worth trying a "daylight" bulb (or tube) and seeing how you like
it.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.