Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Storkamp Mark Storkamp is offline

Default Make this group Moderated?

In article
,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Apr 12, 8:38*am, Dean Hoffman "
wrote:
On 4/11/13 2:11 PM, MiniM wrote: Wouldn't this be a better group if it was
moderated? *Has anyone ever
considered that?

* We live in a world of almost instantaneous communications. * Why
should an inquiry wait until a moderator deigns to post it and wait
still longer while the moderator decides if responses are on topic?
The U.S. put men on the moon with less computing capacity than a
teenager carries in his pocket.

Moderation does not have to work in that manner. I am not advocating
moderation of any usenet group...simply pointing out the error of the
assumption you seem to have made.

Moderation can be an "after-the-fact" process.

I am one of several moderators of an on-line help forum for a specific
software application. All posts appear in the forum as soon as they
are posted. It is my responsibility to log in every now and then and
review the posts. I then have a number of options, including:

Are you aware of any Usenet groups that work on that model? I don't
believe that the distributed nature of Usenet allows for that to work.
Once something is posted, even the originator is not guaranteed to be
able to cancel it.