Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Make this group Moderated?

On 4/11/2013 9:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
wrote:
On 11 Apr 2013 19:11:05 GMT, MiniM wrote:

Wouldn't this be a better group if it was moderated? Has anyone ever
considered that?

No problem. You can join a moderated group. It is telling that you
want to censor others, though.

Well, I don't know that the OP wants to "censor" others in the manner that
I assume you imply. (If my assumption is wrong, accept this early apology
and ignore the rest of this post.)

IMO, the desire to keep this group a bit more focused on home repair issues
is not a bad thing. I hope that is what the OP is asking about.

The completely OT subjects are bad enough, even when called out as such in
the subject line, but that's not biggest problem with a.h.r. these days,
IMHO.

We reached the point where the mere mention of "code" and/or "law" in
relation to a home repair topic eventually leads to someone saying the
government is taking over our lives, we all should carry guns, your mother
is a leftist commie, FU, Well, FU too!

How many threads that actually started out as a legitimate home repair
thread eventually spiraled down into political rantings from those on both
sides of the aisle, those in the middle of the aisle and those that don't
want others to share any aisle with them?it is your problem

It's not like there aren't enough usenet groups dedicated to those types of
discussions...why does so much of that have to take place in a.h.r.?

You described it perfectly. What you have is some folks who just don't
get the concept that there are others besides themselves.

This is the same as for example a neighbor who decides to use air tools
at 3 AM. Since they know they are the only one that matters they just do
it. A normal person knows that life is a give and take thing and you
can't have it your way all of the time.

If you were to mention "say Bob its 3 AM and everyone else is sleeping"
just like here you would be told it is your problem.