Posted to alt.home.repair
NotMe NotMe is offline

Default Remove brown toilet stains/deposits

"Danny D." wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 15:44:02 -0400 Dan Espen wrote:

Porcelain is mostly glass, but more important, the glaze
applied to porcelain is also mostly glass:

Well, if nothing is going to harm the porcelain, then
I can now experiment more easily with acids of phosphate
and hydrochloric.

For example, I have muriatic acid (for the pool), so, I will
try that to remove my brown stains on the toilet and
report back.

I'll probably post results separately as this thread was opened
by someone else so I don't wish to hijack it for my
experiments.

Be VERY careful with muriatic acid in enclosed spaces.