Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default Cheap Bagged Topsoil/Fill?? UPDATE!!!!

On Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:13:52 AM UTC-4, MICHELLE H. wrote:
Yeah, if I buy it in bulk from a landscaper, I can see the stuff first
before buying it, right? Because buying in bags from the store, you
really don't know what you are getting, or whats in there? The $1.49
stuff at Home Depot is usually all wet, heavy, and smelly, loaded with
debris and rocks.

Keep in mind, 54 bags per yard.

You actually WANT the debris and rocks, it will fill better compact less drain better and be less prone to washing away in a rainstorm, before you can establish sod on top.

If you absolutely must use bagged and have talked yourself into believing that no other solution is possible, then use the cheapest heaviest stuff you can get.