Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Cheap Bagged Topsoil/Fill??

On 4/11/2013 3:54 PM, nestork wrote:
I'm sure she's capable of working out the volume of soil needed,
Trader4.

It's just that she's not sure how to go about doing this in any way
except buying bags of top soil at her local home center, which would be
the most expensive way of doing it.

Michelle: If you know someone with a half ton truck (or a trailer that
could be towed behind a car), your cheapest solution would be to use
that truck or trailer to get the top soil home. At 1 to 1.5 cubic
yards, the delivery charge is going to end up being more than the top
soil you're buying.

But it doesn't matter because the net charge will be much less than
buying much more expensive bagged soil.

There are at least 3 places around here that will load a small dump
truck with soil/mulch/stone etc and drop it where you tell them for a
very reasonable charge. I am sure there is nothing unique about that.