Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Question about diaphragm pumps

On Apr 11, 3:28*pm, Ignoramus19459 ignoramus19...@NOSPAM.
19459.invalid wrote:
I have a question, I have a diaphragm pump here and I have never used
one before. When I supply air to this particular one, it seems to work
internally, but there is barely any suction or pressure on either
end. Maybe just a tiny amount of suction.

I thought that they can run dry and do not need priming.

What should I expect from a good diaphragm pump?

Once again critical information that's needed to properly try and help
diagnose the problem has been left out of the OP's initial post. This
is the case time and time again with the OP who can never make the
time to be specific and thorough.

What is the brand of pump?

What is the model of the pump?

Is this a used or new pump?

My guess is that it's most likely the diaphragm that is dried out and
cracked / torn so that no suction is possible.