Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dbr@kbrx.com is offline

Default high-speed spindles

Jon - thanks for the suggestions about credit cards, especially
authorize.net's AIM & SIM interfaces.

Hul

Jon Elson wrote:
wrote:

Jon - sounds like you have a good process for the stencils but you had the
advantage, initially at least, of using it also for pc boards. In terms of
time & money, assembling the equipment needed just for stencils is costly.

Yes, the accuracy of laser printers makes it unlikely this would work
well from a laser printed transparency film as the master artwork,
especially as you need mirror image films that have to align pretty well.

On another subject, have you found an easily interfaced merchant
account for credit cards for your web site? I'm planning on selling some
electronic gear over the internet and I'm looking for suggestions on
handling the cards.

I am using Merchant Warehouse, with Authorize.net as the payment
gateway. Between the two, it costs about $45 a month to have these
accounts. Merchant Warehouse has a minimum $35 fee.

Using OScMax, they only have an interface to Authorize.net AIM, but not
their SIM. AIM has your web site receiving the credit card #, which
then means you need to be PCI compliant. I'd much rather use the SIM
interface, which shifts the customer over to Authorize.net's web page
to do the credit card transaction, but OScMax doesn't have an interface
for that. The PCI compliance nightmare keeps me up at night.

Anyway, unless you are at least as serious about an on-line business
as I am, you really DON'T want to get involved in this, it will take
a LOT of time to make it work and keep it secure.

Jon