Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Something causing allergy symptoms

On Apr 10, 8:46*pm, Nelly W wrote:
On 4/8/2013 10:30 AM, Robert Macy wrote: On Apr 6, 10:49 am, "Guv Bob"
wrote:
I found a corner in the house that makes my eyes burn and swell up and nose plug up. * I'm thinking there must be some kind of detection kit or service that would sample the room air. *Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sorry, the nose is atill around 1000 times better than any electronic
smell sense [I think that's still true, maybe the instrumentation has
gotten better, but, I wouldn't hold my breath.]

Apologies that I didn't read the thread beyond this point. But AFAIK the
human nose can't detect really detect just spores. Not any more than
they can detect, say, pollen.

Note I said 'smell sense" not 'pollen detector' or 'spore detector'

If you want particle counters, go to a clean room instrumentation
supply house. Buy something that monitors the air quality in a Class
100 clean room, or worse. Set up the instrument in several areas and
log the count. Compare. Some instrumentation logs size of the
particle, [I believe] most do not.