Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Cheap Bagged Topsoil/Fill?? UPDATE!!!!

MICHELLE H. wrote:
Yeah, if I buy it in bulk from a landscaper, I can see the stuff first
before buying it, right? Because buying in bags from the store, you
really don't know what you are getting, or whats in there? The $1.49
stuff at Home Depot is usually all wet, heavy, and smelly, loaded with
debris and rocks. The "Scotts: Premium" is mostly all peat moss and
mulch, and the organic topsoil at the garden center is usually light
and fluffy even though it's in a "40 pound" bag.

Plus, I can probably only get 5 bags at a time in the car, so yes,
that is ALOT of trips to the store in the family car!!! I will have
to call around some landscapers and get some prices of having a truck
load of soil delivered.

You don't want a truck load. A truck load is usually somewhere between 14-19
cubic yards. You only need 1 1/2 or so.

Somone's suggestion of enlisting a friend who has a pickup truck is a good
one. They can also be rented if the landscapers have a minimum order much
more than you need.

--

dadiOH