nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELLE H. View Post
Just to get an accurate measurement, I went out there today with a tape
measure, and measured the entire rut in the lawn, and boy was I WAY
OFF!!!!!!! The rut is about 40 feet long, not 30 feet long. It is 3 feet
wide, not 2 feet wide. And it is roughly about 4 inches deep, not 1-2
feet deep. The depth varies in differnt spots. In one spot it was about
3 inches deeper than the rest of the lawn. In another spot it was 3 and
1/2 inches deeper. In another spot it was 4 inches deeper than the rest
of the lawn. So the entire rut is about 3-4 inches deep.

The reason I originally said it was 1-2 feet deep is because that's how
deep it feels when your standing in it!!!!

But using a tape measure, the more accurate measurement is actually 40
feet long, 3 feet wide, and 3-4 inches deep.

Is this still impossible and too expensive to fill with bags of topsoil
bought at retail?
That's between 1 and 1 1/2 cubic yards of top soil. Probably the cheapest way to fill that rut is if you know someone with a half ton truck that would be willing to have it loaded into his truck and take it to your property where you could simply shovel it off the back of the truck into the rut.