RB

Default Grizzly vs Harbor Freight: is there really much difference?

They may well be made in the same factory. However, I recall reading an
article in either FHB or FWW a few years ago that pointed out that many
times the difference between tools made in a factory for Company A and
for Company B was the presence of the procuring company's monitors to
make sure that the paid for quality was delivered. Apparently the
culture and ethics of many oriental manufacturers is that if they can
get away with cutting corners they will.

RB

John wrote:
Harbor Freight in my opinion is more cheaply made. The Grizzley stuff is of
a higher order. I prefered the quality of the Grizzley bandsaw over Delta.
I first encountered the Grizz at a woodworking expo in Atlanta. I was
impressed.
I wouldn't use it if I was running a production shop, but in a Job shop they
do fine.

"Hylourgos" wrote in message
m...

Hmm...yes, but if that were true, then you're what, a nibbler?

"Brian" wrote in message

Troll.

"Hylourgos" wrote in message
e.com...

HF is a common whipping boy here on the Wreck, whereas Grizzly is
often and highly recommended. I note differences in their overall
structure and offerings. But for similar merchandise (bandsaws,
jigsaws, planers, drill presses, etc.), I see only the slightest
margin of difference in fit and finish--a margin of difference that is
negligible for those who tinker with their WW toys during set up
before they ever use them.

So what gives? Is it that Grizzly is predominantly WWing and HF not?
That HF offers more of the substandard line of tools than Grizzly?
That HF is a behemoth merchandiser, in comparison? Or is it simply
that Green looks nicer than Orange?

Speaking of Orange, remember, I'm only talking of the comparable items
(oranges and oranges, not apples and oranges) both sell that seem
identical. I suspect a lot of their tools are made in the same
location and have a similar quality finish.

Curious,