John Rumm

Default Exterior wiring

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 22:47:49 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised to find a 60W bulb in each bulkhead gives
plenty of light to illuminate the path etc without blinding you if
you look at the lamp itself.

Please take note those that fit 500W or even 150W lamps. Though I note
that the lamps you fitted don't have a sheild/reflector to stop light
going upwards to the sky and being wasted.

I did think about if it was worth finding some other form of luminair
(or shielding the ones I used) to cut down on light leakage. In the end
I decided that I could cope without, since the eves of our house would
stop loss straight up, the gap to the next door property is only 8' or
so - so that catches most of the rest. Finally the PIRs are set to keep
each light on for only 10 secs or so after activation (and tuned to not
activate to often!)

Having said that the light level is helped by both houses being painted
a lightish colour - it tends to maximise the effect of the light
"captured" between them.

--
Cheers,

John.