Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Screw recommendation for fastening table top? (Stage props again)

On 4/10/2013 2:53 PM, dadiOH wrote:
Plus I wouldn't need to drill out recesses for the figure-eights.

Nor if you just screwed/nailed the top to the aprons. Best way IMO.

In addition to having a little fun helping out some friends, I'm trying
to learn a few things in the process. I think these tables will be used
for future productions as well. I'd rather they don't split at some
point down the road. Now I have absolutely no experience with such
things; I can only go by what I've heard and the advice I get here.
These will be narrow tables made of cheap 1x6 pine and the "finishing"
will likely be about the same quality as the wood. I'd be perfectly
happy to assemble the entire works with screws, but if damage due to
seasonal changes is likely, I'm willing to go the extra, well, /few
yards/ to prevent it.