Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Screw recommendation for fastening table top? (Stage props again)

Greg Guarino wrote:
Another kindergarten question for you.

If I use "figure-eights" to attach my 3/4" pine table tops, what
gage/type of screw would you recommend? Keep in mind that unlike your
kitchen table at home, these will be frequently moved, most likely
lifted by the edges of the tabletops.

#8. Wood screws

Is there any reason I couldn't use small garden-variety angle brackets
for this task instead of the figure-eights?

No reason. You could also use blocks of wood.

Plus I wouldn't need to drill out recesses for the figure-eights.

Nor if you just screwed/nailed the top to the aprons. Best way IMO.

--

dadiOH