Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_5_] TomR[_5_] is offline

Default Wiring code -- across attic floor joists

"bob haller" wrote in message
On Apr 9, 9:42 pm, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 20:30:04 -0400, "TomR" wrote:
I need to add a couple of electrical circuits that will run across the
floor
joists of an attic. The attic is accessible, but it has a low ceiling

well if you EVER want to store stuff up there, your far better off to
run the wires thru the joists...

I'm sure that I will never want to make this into a storage area of any
kind. And, given the other options that are available (such as using
running boards), I am not going to do any drilling or running of wires
through the joists.